Saturday, November 17, 2012

Museum of Flight

Jacquelyn and I went to the Museum of Flight to see the Space Shuttle display.  It's so close to where I work that I walked over there and met her during my lunch break.

We had a good time together.  This is a picture from inside the Shuttle Bay looking up at an Inertial Upper Stage (IUS) booster just coming out of the shuttle into space.  The IUS is built by Boeing and was used to take satellites up to higher orbits.  I worked on that program for 5 years back in the early 90's and got to be in a Mission Control station down at Kennedy Space Center for a Space Shuttle launch.

 Here's my beautiful wife next to an astronaut suit.

 We also took of tour of an Eisenhower/Kennedy era Air Force One.

 The Presidential Conference room inside.

Also saw a large number of airplane displays.  Jacquelyn got to sit in the cockpit of an SR=71 Blackbird spy plane.

No comments:

Post a Comment